Monday 9 June 2014

Pencil Case Tutorial

This past weekend has been quite awful. My Husband's Grandad died in the early hours of Sunday morning and at the same time, his shop was broken into so he had to go back into work at 1:30am having just half an hours sleep. He didn't get home until 5:40am. He was absolutely exhausted. They say bad things come in threes and this weekend was no exception. I had a bit of a nightmare on Saturday afternoon too. My Son, Oliver (14) went swimming with his friend and both ended up a victim of theft when their locker was broken into and their belongings were stolen. Luckily Oliver had nothing valuable in there. He had left his phone at home. But his friend's trainers were taken along with a small amount of money and Oliver's bag containing his school books(?!) was also taken. Why he had his school books in there I don't know. I'm not going to question the mind of a teenage boy! I suspect laziness had something to do with it though.

Oliver's school planner was in his bedroom from Friday when he was doing homework, and I assumed his pencil case was with it. But no... 8:30pm on Sunday night, he informs me his pencil case was also in his bag and therefore he didn't have anything for Monday morning. Grrrrr!

So I raided my fabric stash and found this cool Pac Man fabric by Timeless Treasures.

I did a bit of searching on the internet and found this lovely pencil case tutorial by Ann Kelle. I'd never sewn a zip on before and i'm not sure I used the correct zipper foot, but it went on OK. Hurrah!
I love how I'm still learning new things in the sewing world every day.

The end result was this...



I lined it with some green kona which I also found in my stash which happened to coordinate with the little ghosts. Lucky! Oliver loved it too so more Mum-points for me, well he grunted. But i'm sure that translates to he likes it! :) I might make Amelia one next as she starts school in September.

Hopefully now the three things are out the way, this week should run a bit smoother. :) Happy Monday everyone.

No comments: